I’ll put a short blog together tonight and hopefully get some time to put an addendum together tomorrow. It is about 10:30PM here in Leesburg, VA. I need sleep.
Quick summary of the day:
- Left St. Stanislaus at 4:30AM for Amtrak
- Amtrak train delayed. And Delayed.
- Had a really nice trip on the train. Food was very expensive…
- Got to DC very late. Had a nasty lunch at McDonalds because we needed food for fuel. Yuck.
- Had a little bit of trouble getting on the C&O and a couple of mid-cues due to detours.
- Got to the ferry across the Potomac as it was getting dark. Headlights are good.
- Found out that route 15 into Leesburg is NO PLACE for a bicycle! Backtracked and had to go through a horse park (shhh, don’t tell them we went around the locked gates!)
- Arrived at about 8:45, showered and had dinner.
- Time for bed.
- The End.
Today’s stats: 48.6 miles